- 1 Setting: Some Random City Planet
- 2 Hostile Takeover
- 3 Game Night 2020-07-29: The Great Escape
- 4 Plot Infliction 001: Your death is inevitable
- 5 Game Night 2020-08-13: Master And Student
- 6 Plot Infliction 002: You Talk Funny
- 7 Game Night 2020-08-13: Down down dooby do down down
- 8 Plot Infliction 003: Mall Rat
- 9 Rest Of Game
Setting: Some Random City Planet
You are a member of a largish Groten family that owns a sizable manufacturing / shipping business. Your grandparents are the heads of the company and you have numerous siblings, cousins, etc. You are a little bit of an oddball, as most in the family earn stages of leader as soon as they can. Then they can participate in the wealth building apparatus that is the family’s obsession. Nevertheless, you were supported in your interests, even though you’re sure many snickered at you behind your back.
A few months ago, an elder brother warned that things were heating up with a rival company and to be careful. He convinced you to get biologically altered to have a small hidden compartment in one of your legs and then given a blaster to store there. You generally thought he was overreacting but accepted the weapon anyway.
You’re in a café, working on your next mathematician stage when you get a predefined “BUGOUT!” signal on your comm. Of all the codes the family has ready, you weren’t expecting this one. It means a catastrophic event has happened to the family and you should flee until further communication is possible.
Along with the code you get 1000 credits and a ticket on a shuttle that’s leaving the nearby spaceport in 23.9 minutes. You estimate it will take about half that time to get there. There’s also a brief message from your brother – “Hope you survive. If you don’t get contacted again, avenge us.”
A quick scan of news outlets finds reports of your main office building under attack. Your company security seems to have been overwhelmed by a much larger force.
You’re family-wiki seems to have been cut off. And a Reptiloid with a rifle has just entered the café...
Suddenly, being 2.6 meters tall and green, with no stages of combatant, feels like a tactical error.
Clarifying question: what is the law enforcement type on this random city planet? Is combat in public spaces generally ignored, or will it attract the attentions of a policing force?
Answer: Unless it involves assault weapons, explosives, or an attack on government property/personnel, the police won't care.
Game Night 2020-07-29: The Great Escape
- Hacked Reptiloid's Gun and knocked out with a punch.
- Snuck past hopper outside
- Geared up.
- Hopper intercept at equipment store
- Ramming Speed! Missed.
- Security robot smashed hopper.
- Driver negotiated damages while his gun gets hacked.
- Gun fixed, combat resumes, driver beheaded with a punch.
- Original Reptiloid exits smashed hopper and tries to flee.
- Shot, and de-footed.
- On way to spaceport, had to sneak past a couple of Trops
- Trops follow to spaceport.
- Schlager attacks, defeats one and convinces the other to stand down.
- Vega-Lizard enters spaceport and seems to be looking.
- Schlager recognizes the Lizard's toughness and flees aboard his ship.
- Arrives at destination planet.
- Sneaks past a Takolee.
- Goes to a Cafe.
- Hires Pablo - an Aggressor Trainer
Plot Infliction 001: Your death is inevitable
You've got about 15 minutes before Pablo gets there. Going to do anything, or just enjoy your hot cocoa blood?
Schläger is going to assume that he is still a target, and will first review an inventory of café denizens visible and assign them probabilities for being threats. Then he'll upgrade the security protocols on all his gear to his person standards, especially the blaster.
Regular locates are in order. He doesn't care if it makes him look paranoid; anyone with an iota of perception will see that on him anyway.
Game Night 2020-08-13: Master And Student
- Attacked by opportunistic humans.
- One is a mentalist.
- Helped by Pablo
- One killed, mentalist let go.
- Spotted Takolee who was following him before.
- Followed Takolee who met up with a Groten and two Zygroten.
- Being followed
- To a random bar.
- Picked a fight with a Vega-Lizard.
- Vega-Lizard ripped his throat out with his teeth.
- Rescued by Pablo.
Plot Infliction 002: You Talk Funny
Pablo: "Interesting. I just got offered 1000 credits to kill you, or 200 to not defend you when that other crew gets here. You must have really pissed someone off."
I'm assuming that the probability of Pablo taking either offer is low, considering that he even mentioned it, but Schläger is going to run the numbers anyway. If it's higher than 10% probability, Schläger is going to ask directly to get better input.
Considering that a kilo-credit is an order of magnitude higher than the estimated cost of the local hit team hired to kill him, Schläger starts researching possible reasons for the jump in resources assigned. Did something change, or is it a simple escalation? Or is it a complicated escalation, based on injured pride?
Game Night 2020-08-13: Down down dooby do down down
- Heading towards random bar.
- Enemy combatants take transit to get there first.
- Random fights along the way (training).
- Spot Vega-Lizard at bar from original planet via cameras
- Has non-standard blast rifle.
- Heading towards different bar.
- Vega-Lizard and goons following.
- At different bar, scary Mavvice suggests going down a level or two.
- Down to residential/mall level.
- Vega-Lizard heading back to spaceport.
- Goons heading down to mall.
Plot Infliction 003: Mall Rat
Yadda yadda yadda...
I forget: are the few cameras in the residential / mall level publicly accessible as well? Or does it require a hack? Or is a hack even possible?
To Pablo: "So, for the inevitable encounter with these bounty hunters, which makes more sense training-wise - you as a turret, or you as a separate backup combatant?" Using Pablo's reaction to augment Schläger's calculations of probability of success against the whole group simultaneously versus picking them them off one at a time.
The tentative plan is to find a section of the mall with decent cover, that we can get to with sufficient time to either PWN the cameras or at least ensure that there's no nasty surprises. Maybe find something to hack that could act as a booby trap or cover an escape.
Rest Of Game
- Killed first group sent after him. Had a Takolee drink.
- Fled to agriculture level.
- Piranha birds!
- Fled to the underworld.
- Remains of planet before city layered over top.
- Annoying holographic A.I.
- Giant Snake!
- Went back to surface.
- Killed by assassin.