Stuck In The Middle With You
Having recently acquired a stage of Defender and thus less likely to be randomly killed by stray weapon’s fire, Mïrka Mentkabar decided it was time to leave the backwater armpit of a world he was on and explore the galaxy. Having no credits to speak of, Mïrka decided to hitchhike in the cargo hold of a freighter leaving the system. Hungry for adventure, he eagerly awaited visiting various city planets on the freighter’s route.
Too bad it crashed before getting to one.
Game Night 001 - September 7, 2016 - Hailbots
- Crashes on planet Archaeognatha after briefly discussing the feasibility of surviving such a crash with God.
- Regains consciousness with a broken ankle and a Human looming over him.
- Human's name is George and was first on the scene of the crash.
- George applied a couple of patches and helped fix the ankle.
- One of the patches looks homemade.
- George explains it's a type of stim patch, though eventually revealing it's more of a nanoscopic symbiont.
- Gives extra five stam every stage earned. Will eventually become sentient.
- Mirka has the ability to kill it via his own nanoscopic fauna.
- George checks cockpit while Mirka checks cargo.
- Cargo turns out to be vegetables. Many many vegetables.
- Doesn't find the hidden compartment of gear and gemstones (kidding).
- George returns with some items from the suicidal pilot and gives them to Mirka.
- After providing a crude map, George buggers off.
- Mirka heads toward a village on the way to a major city.
- Attacked by 'Hailbot'!
- Beachball sized thing with numerous force beams / manipulated shields as limbs.
- Hailbot is unarmed and just attacking hand to hand. Fast.
- Mirka uses trees and gliding to his advantage.
- After a few hits, Hailbot hides behind tree. Two other hailbots inbound.
- Bravely run away and hide!
- Hailbots give up.
- Continue to village.
- Attracts attention of other hailbot. This one armed and has a combatant stage.
- Fight fight fight.
- Hailbot defeated.
- Force beams go off, hailbot falls and employs camouflage. Dormant.
- Camouflage less effective on beings that employ sonar - perfect roundness very noticeable.
- Avoids more hailbots.
- Encounters Trollian villagers.
- Villagers threatening. Extort weapon.
- Changes route to bypass village and head directly to the city. Another 20km away.
Plot Infliction 001 - Travel Montage
The forest is starting to thin out a bit and you see grasslands up ahead. You also spot what seem like ruins.
Mentkabar regards the reduction in gliding supports with a grim annoyance and a renewed attention to passive sonar imagery. Hopefully the native grass is tall enough to be sufficient cover for a being as small as a Mavvice. Which, of course, works both ways.
What do the ruins appear like? Rotting skyscrapers? Pyramids? A diner?